As a business owner, developing thought leadership content is vital.
It sets you apart from the pack, gives you a bigger audience, and attracts customers.
However, the emergence of AI tools like ChatGPT, has added a new layer of complexity when creating content.
So how should your business adapt to the rise of AI?
What are the challenges and opportunities to watch out for?
In this episode, our guest Stephanie Nivinskus and I have a chat about ChatGPT and AI and how you can leverage these powerful tools to help you grow your business and stay ahead of the game.
Timestamps for this week’s episode
- 03:40 How can Chat GPT be leveraged to develop thought leadership content and improve content quality?
- 05:54 What are some practical ways to use Chat GPT to enhance content ideation for a blog while incorporating one’s thought leadership and experience?
- 12:28 What measures can you take to ensure the ethical and effective use of AI and Chat GPT by marketing agencies?
- 18:30 What are some clear indications or “dead giveaways” that suggest an individual or organization has simply taken Chat GPT’s output and passed it off as their own content, without additional modifications or thoughts?
- 31:07 What would be the next actionable step for someone just starting to use AI to ensure they are using it effectively and efficiently?
How can Chat GPT be leveraged to develop thought leadership content and improve content quality?
There are two ways to use Chat GPT:
1. Content Ideation
Chat GPT can be used to help create and communicate new ideas or concepts by generating initial drafts for further development. But you should not rely on Chat GPT alone. Using AI in isolation can result in the regurgitation of existing information.
2. Combine with Human Intelligence
The second way to leverage Chat GPT is to take its output and combine it with human intelligence to add unique insights and a personal – and human – touch.
By incorporating AI-generated ideas with human expertise, thought leaders can create content that is not only unique but also demonstrates a deep understanding of their industry.
The result is high-quality thought leadership content that stands out from the rest.
What are some practical ways to use Chat GPT to enhance content ideation for a blog while incorporating one’s thought leadership and experience?
1. Provide high-quality inputs or instructional “prompts” that will yield high-quality content output from Chat GPT
- Specify the purpose of your blog or required content
- Identify your target audience
- Include all important points to cover
- Choose your desired keywords
- Mention the length and structure of your blog
- Create the necessary metadata for SEO purposes
2. Feed Chat GPT any marketing research or other information that can provide valuable insights and ideas.
By combining the insights gained from AI with your own expertise, you can create informative and engaging blog posts that stand out from the competition.
“Regarding the potential risks of using AI or ChatGPT: as business owners and leaders, the buck stops with us. We have to do our due diligence (with what it generates).” – Stephanie Nivinskus
What measures can you take to ensure the ethical and effective use of AI and Chat GPT by marketing agencies?
While AI can assist with marketing research and handle ideation, it can’t replace copywriters, content writers, or social media marketers who can add their creativity and human intelligence.
At this time, the quality of the content produced by Chat GPT is still hit-and-miss and very subjective so companies must maintain due diligence and fact-checking to ensure that is being used in an ethical and effective manner.
What are some clear indications or “dead giveaways” that suggest an individual or organization has simply taken ChatGPT’s output and passed it off as their own content, without additional modifications or thoughts?
- Using overly generic or vague language that lacks specific details or personalization.
- Excessive use of technical jargon or buzzwords that do not fit the context or audience.
- Content with inconsistent tone, style, or formatting.
- Obvious grammar, spelling, or punctuation errors.
“I think with any innovation that’s happened throughout time, it’s scary. But scary is good. Scary stretches us to be better. Scary forces us to adapt. Scary challenges us to bring our best to the table.” – Stephanie Nivinskus
Get some AI training.
AI may not be intuitive, but it can be learned efficiently by seeking guidance from experts who have put in the work and can teach you how to effectively use AI tools like ChatGPT or Jasper.
Attempting to use these tools without proper training will likely result in generic outputs and wasted time. By learning from professionals, individuals can create marketing assets that set them apart in a crowded market and ultimately achieve better results for their brand.
- ChatGPT can generate initial drafts but it should be combined with human expertise for unique and high-quality content.
- Provide detailed ChatGPT prompts for higher-quality outputs and combine AI insights with human expertise to create informative and engaging blog posts.
- To ensure the ethical and effective use of AI, companies have the responsibility to maintain due diligence and fact-check AI-generated content.
- Generic language, inconsistent tone and style, and errors in grammar, spelling, or punctuation are all dead giveaways of using ChatGPT without any human editing or inputs.
- Get proper training from AI experts to help you create marketing assets that are not only unique but will achieve better results for your brand.
About guest – Stephanie Nivinskus
CEO, Author, and Speaker
Stephanie Nivinskus is the CEO of SizzleForce Marketing, a Fractional CMO agency that services scaling companies. Since 1995 she’s been developing brand-building marketing campaigns that have been used by companies including Starbucks, Quiksilver, The National Football League, and Cox Communications along with thousands of privately owned companies. Stephanie has written for Forbes and Entrepreneur magazines and is the author of the international #1 best-seller, Absolutely Unforgettable: The Entrepreneur’s Guide To Creating A HeartCentered Brand And Standing Out In A Noisy World.
Known for her ability to humanize commerce and market products and services in an authentic & powerful way, she delights audiences with attention-grabbing stories and strategies that connect the dots between people and profit. Her raw, heart-centered approach to creating meaningful conversations gives scaling companies a big voice in the marketplace.
Stephanie speaks nationwide. When she’s not helping brands showcase their sizzle, Stephanie is enjoying time with her husband and three teenagers in San Diego.
About host – Kathy Svetina
Kathy Svetina is a Fractional CFO for growing women-owned businesses with $1M-$10M in annual revenue.
Clients hire her when they’re unsure about what’s going on in their finances, are stressed out by making financial decisions, or need to structure their finances to keep up with their growth.
She solves their nagging money mysteries and builds a financial structure with a tailored financial strategy. That way they can grow in a financially healthy and sustainable way.
Kathy is based in Chicago, IL and works with clients all over the US.